FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM

Monday, January 2, 2012

January Blues

It's that time of every semester again where I'm required to go for clinical placement at either a government or private hospital for four weeks. This time round, I'm posted at Kuala Lumpur General Hospital (HKL). A place where most the students dread to go, including myself. Most of our seniors and some of my classmates have been there and judging by their experiences, it sounded stressful and hectic. True story.

I have to wake up as early as 4.30am to catch the Uni bus at 6am. I guess it's time to adjust my bedtime to 9pm (omg I'm back to those years when I was a schoolkid!) and I guess this blog will be abandoned for quite some time.. Working hours: 8am to 5.30pm. We are required to hand in patient's record book daily and reflective diary once a week. We'll have one hour of lab skills session every day as well. We are required to memorize the entire 3 protocol care booklets' content in case the HOD questions any of us. Like seriously? Since I'll be on cardiorespiratory posting this time, I'll be handling most of my patients in the wards more often. Let's hope all those walking in the wards helps to shed some kilos since I've got no time for gym for this one whole month :P Yet on the bright side, I'll be seeing patients with different and rare cases compared to other hospitals no doubt. Hopefully I'll be able to overcome my fear to do suctioning on at least one patient if I'm allowed to do so, you don't even wanna know what suctioning is. Oh and my lecturers will be visiting twice a week, so it wouldn't be that bad ey? (:

My biggest wish is that I will survive. I may be discouraged or criticized at times but I guess that's the way of learning and gaining knowledge. Got this quote from a site saying that; By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest. I'll try to be optimistic and see things in different perspective. Never give up. To fall and get back up on my own. #2012resolutions Hopefully I'll survive and standing still at the end of the posting. I am not quite sure if I'm ready physically or emotionally but hell yeah bring it on!


January's going to be a wild ride. Wish me luck!

 xx

9 comments:

Lilian Hii (백합) said...

Oooh...from experience...that is really one bitter experience! Good luck with it :)

Teh Tarik Drinker said...

regardless of the things that happened in 2011, I wish you the best and brightest year for 2012! :D


[tehtarikmemoirs.com]

Anne Lee said...

good luck girl. 2012 will b better.

Jessy said...

you will survive la babe... its not as scary as it seems. you will learn alot, trust me=)

Vince G said...

You're gonna do well this year. No worries! But even if you don't, the world's gonna end also right, so nothing to lose lah.

Oh wait, I'm supposed to make you feel better... Heh.

Carmen said...

Everything will gonna be okayyy :]
first time visit to your place anyway. wish you luck

Wann said...

Good luck to you!! You will learn more from it :)

FiSh said...

4.30 is pretty early but you'll soon get used to it! stay strong, girl :)

Latest: From buffet to bubble milk tea; Creative JOGOYA!

Camy said...

No matter what, All the best yea! :)