FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

The New Samsung NX Mini SMART Camera

Hey guys!

If you followed me on Instagram and Facebook, you should have a rough idea what was I up to last Saturday (: Samsung Malaysia Electronics has recently launched a new addition to their SMART camera family with the world's slimmest and lightest interchangeable-lens camera to date, Samsung NX Mini! And I was one of the lucky few bloggers who had the chance to have a hands-on experience with the new camera during the launch. 

We gathered at NU Sentral earlier that morning for a short briefing before being divided into groups for a mission later that day. What mission, you ask? Well, you got to continue reading to find out :D Every blogger was given a camera and t-shirt each and off we go to Central market by LRT for a photo marathon. The theme of  the day was Colours of Malaysia and we were grouped according to the three sub-themes which was Historical Buildings, Sight and Sound and Gastronomical Delights of Malaysia respectively.  

The moment everyone had their hands on their cameras, you could practically see everyone flipping over the screen and selfie-ing with one another. Yet of course, we will defeating its purpose if we didn't use it for selfie cause the 3” Flip Up and Touch Display screen is specially designed for you to take the perfect selfie or welfie! Did I mention that it can rotate 180 degrees too? Now everyone can master the art of selfie anywhere anytime (; It even comes with a Wink shot and Smile shot that doesn't require you to press the shutter release button to capture an image. How cool is that? All you have to do is either to wink or smile at the camera, according to the feature that you've chosen (no, it can be two simultaneously HAHA) and once your wink or smile is detected, voila, a shot is taken right away!

That's Yuhjiun beside me, of course we didn't miss a chance to selfie too :3
Don't let the mini size deceive you, I can assure that you'll be amazed by what it has to offer! The body itself weighs in at a featherweight of 158g and is only 22.5mm thin, making it super convenient to bring around or even to slip into your pocket. Alright, I think I shall not further bore you with all the specifications in detail yadah yadah yadah, I'll just let you be the judge and see the photos for yourselves (:

Remember the mission that I mentioned earlier? Yes, so we were assigned to go for a photo marathon where we need to take photos according to our sub-themes and at the end of the day, there will be one camera to be given away for the BEST #myNXminimarathon photo of the day on Instagram.

But first, let us take a selfie B) with Beauty Face mode on.
You can choose to shoot in either Auto or Manual mode but for those who are less adventurous you can always choose from the SMART mode collection that features Landscape, Macro, Rich Tone, Panorama Food and many more. It even has Light Trace mode, one of the modes that I can't wait to try out at night. 
Flowers, can't get enough of them!















You can pretty much guess which sub-theme I was in based of the photos I took, Gastronomical Delights of Malaysia it is. How do you like my photos? I love how vibrant the colours turn out and the crisp clear images. Equipped with large 1-inch type 20.5MP BSI CMOS Sensor, NX Mini camera does capture high quality photos. Pretty impressive, I must say! FYI, I didn't edit or filter any of the photos I've taken besides resizing them. 

Due to time constraint, I didn't get to explore much and take more shots cause then it was time to head to KLCC for lunch.
It's Yuhjiun again, my group partner of the day HEH
We had Johnny Rockets at Avenue K for lunch, it's actually my first time in Avenue K. 

One of the reasons why I love dining in JR, cause of the bubbly staff and you get entertained with their dance while you're having your meal. My face totally showed how ecstatic I got HAHA

My scrumptious lunch; Bacon and Cheddar Single. Cheese and Bacon mmmhmm, my fave combo!
It was delectable though the portion was a tad too big for me.

Their signature smiley ketchup, so adorable! :DDD

And the best photo goes to Kifli, who won himself a new Samsung NX Mini in mint colour! Congrats :D
How did we get to upload our photos via Instagram? Of course, like the rest of Samsung's 2014 camera models, the NX Mini features both Wi-Fi and NFC technology that allows us easy pairing with our smartphones (even those running on IOS) so that we can share photos on our Twitter, Facebook or Instagram almost instantly. This is definitely the one feature that all social media addicts will love! We were also introduced to this super cool "Tag & Go" NFC system, where we can simply tap our device to the camera to pair them. Once paired, you can shoot and share photos to a variety of social networks and or even use Samsung's Remote View Finder Pro app to remotely control your camera via your smartphone. Now you don't even need to purchase an external remote for your camera. Who says good things doesn't come in small package? 

I promise this will be the last selfie, with Koey and Yuhjiun HEHE

Samsung NX Mini comes in five colors including white, black, classic brown, mint green and pink. 
It retails at RM1399 with 9mm f3.5 lens and RM1699 with kit lens. 

Last but not least, gonna end this post with a panorama shot I took of the city.



Thanks again to Samsung Malaysia Electronics and Manoah for a fun-filled day in KL! Couldn't be more happier to be a part of this exciting event ♥

Remember to follow me closely on my Facebook and Instagram to join me on my journey in exploring more of this awesome Samsung NX Mini! Feel free to check out more photos posted by other bloggers on FB and Instagram too, just type in #myNXmini :DDD

xx

P/S: I will probably review this camera more on a separate post if I have the time too, finals is just around the corner, so bear with me (:

4 comments:

1 said...

Wahhh the photos look amazing!! and omg that restaurant, looks like a party going on there. haha XD


xxMandy

FurFer said...

I like the mint camera!

Kelvin Tan said...

You didn't sing and dance along with the Johnny Rocket staffs? XD

Unknown said...

the mint camera is just too cuteeeeeeeee!